Be Prepared For Your Next Outing!
Scouts should check back here before each outing to see if there are any special considerations that they should be aware of. Start with the packing list above, and don't forget the mess kit.
In addition to everything you'd bring for any campout:
- You can bring fishing gear.
- Bring swimsuit and towel.
- Close-toed shoes for the water, no flip-flops. Can be special water shoes or old tennies.
- Bug spray (non-aerosol)
- Hat for the sun.
- Watch the weather for Leasburg including low temps.
- We could get some rain at some point on the river, and it won't be scorching hot. Maybe you want to bring a rain jacket on the river so you don't get chilled by a cold rain.
Remember these usual items that are sometimes forgotten:
- Water bottle
- Bug spray
- Sun screen
- Rain gear
- Mess kit
We travel in uniform.
- Unless otherwise noted, we meet for departure on the St. Joseph parking lot at 6 p.m. on Friday for an ordinary weekend campout.
- We call home on Sunday when we know our exact arrival time back in Manchester; we return to the former Office Depot parking lot unless otherwise noted.